Krypton mobiles are getting advertised rigorously in YouTube, Facebook, Google Search Engine, etc. And due to the advertising, in trusted websites, few people are considering it a legit website. Unfortunately, some people have already placed their order on Ezeephones website, where Krypton phones are being sold. Keep reading this post to know much more about this scam.
Krypton is a legit smartphone brand ?
Phones with Krypton name and different models are being directly sold on ezeephones.com. You can checkout their website by opening ezeephones.com in any web browser.
When you’ll visit the website, 5 sections will appear in the homepage “Deals of The Day”, “Best Seller”, “Special Offer”, “Discounted Products” and “Featured Products”. Ezeephone has so many smartphones, tablets, electronic accessories in their website. They have renamed the actual name of original smartphones by putting up their name “Krypton”. Copy product of Samsung Galaxy M30s is named Krypton M30s, Realme XT is named Krypton X2, VIVO Y8 is named Krypton Y8, Redmi 20 is named Krypton K20. They have completely copied the name.
When product page of Krypton M30s is opened, Krypton Pro M30s 9610 CPU is being shown in the specifications. There is a OFFER ENDS IN part where timing will be shown but surprisingly offer never ends.
Proofs that Confirm it a Scam Website
- Domain address is ezeephones.com whereas website name is ezeephone, without “s”.
- When product page is opened, Delivers to part accepts every pincode whether it exists in India or not. We entered 000000 (six times 0), 111111 (six times 1) and what appeared is “Service available to 000000” and “Service available to 111111”. Both the pincodes doesn’t exist in India.
- Each product has 5 star rating with less than 10 reviews.
- No branding is there in smartphones, tablets, smart watches, TWS.
- Wishlist button when clicked, doesn’t redirect anywhere and nor it shows any dialogue box, it goes grey in colour.
- When About Us page is opened by clicking on About Us, placed above footer part, lots of mistakes are there. They have missed full stop, made mistake in spellings.
- In NEED HELP ? part, which is is placed above the footer, has unfunctional options. FAQ, Report Abuse, Customer Service and Wishlist options are unfunctional.
- In Company section, “Careers, Sitemap” is not functional. When Blog is clicked, takes us to the top part of web page.
- In Buyer Central, “Buyer Protection, Payment Options, Buyer Guides” are not hyperlinked whereas “EMI Payment” takes us to the top, when clicked.
- Images in carousel are not hyperlinked and doesn’t redirect to the product page.
- Price of products are too less when specifications are considered.
- Domain is purchased just two months back, on 5th April 2020. You can check the registration by entering ezeephones.com on who.is look up. Domain has been purchased on Namecheap Registrar.
Few people got trapped in this scam and now they have complaint in different platforms. We found two complains. You can click on platform 1 to view the complain of 1st person and platform 2 to view the complain of person 2.
Other than ezeephones.com, we found other websites that looks similar to it. Websites that look similar are eazyphones.com, mynotchphone.online, voguemart.in. As because these websites looks similar and some have same kind of fake products, there is a chance of linkage with each other. Mynotchphone has YouTube channel with two videos, url is https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTnnb5TXGxoGxFG_s-FzbVg/videos.
These websites are not only selling Krypton phones but also selling Tipad, TechX, NotchX.
So beware of these websites and make others aware by sharing this post to let them know about the scam.