Today (4th June, 2020) Samsung has launched a new device for Indians. South Korean company has dropped Samsung Galaxy A31 in India with one of the worst specifications. Well, it’s not the first time when they have launched smartphone with higher price tags. Samsung’s strategy is quite normal from the beginning, they release weaker specifications phone with high price. Specifications, Indian price and availability has been mentioned in this post, keep reading and know why Samsung Galaxy A31 doesn’t justify the specifications in it’s price.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy A31
|Display Size||6.4 inches|
|Resolution Type||FHD+(2400 × 1080)|
|Display Type||sAMOLED Infinity-U display|
|Graphics PPI||412 PPI|
|Colour Variants||Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Blue, Prism Crush White|
|RAM Variant||6 GB|
|Storage Variant||128 GB|
|Chipset||MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768)|
|Chipset Fabrication||12 nm|
|CPU||2 cores @ 2.0 GHz + 6 cores @ 1.7 GHz|
|GPU||ARM Mali G52 MP2|
* Primary Lens
* Ultra-Wide Angle Lens
* Depth Sensor
* Macro Lens
|5 MP + 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP|
* 48 MP (f/2.0)
* 8 MP (f/2.2) [123° FoV]
* 5 MP (f/2.4)
* 5 MP (f/2.4)
|Front Camera||20 MP (f/2.0)|
|Rear Flash||Single LED|
|Slot Type||Dedicated Slot|
|Expendable Upto||512 GB|
|Back Panel Material||Plastic|
|3.5 mm Audio Jack||Yes|
|Charging Port||USB Type-C|
|SIM Configuration||Nano SIM + Nano SIM|
|Network Types||4G VoLTE, 4G, 3G, 2G|
|Wi-Fi||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz|
|Navigation||GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo|
|User Interface (UI)||One UI 2.1|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor, Virtual Proximity Sensing|
Pricing and Availability of Samsung Galaxy A31
Samsung Galaxy A31 comes in 6 GB + 128 GB variant with three colour options. And Samsung India has set the price of ₹21,999 for Indian market.
Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy A31 (Based on Specifications)
Pros of Galaxy A31
- Samsung didn’t play the game of 2 MP in depth sensor and macro lens, offered 5 MP for both.
- Samsung Galaxy A31 comes with the contact less payment feature (via NFC).
- Samsung maintained the weight(185 g) and thickness(8.6 mm) of smartphone even with 5000 mAh.
Cons of Galaxy A31
- Samsung Galaxy A31’s body ratio is not even closer to 90%.
- It comes with the MediaTek Helio P65 chipset which is based on 12 nm fabrication. And due to P65 processor, higher CPU frequency gets limited to 2.0 GHz.
- It features a virtual proximity sensor and not the actual proximity sensor.
- Samsung is still providing 15W normal charger. Other brands are offering 15W charger in their budget phones.
- Price of Samsung Galaxy A31 is sky-high as per the specifications.