Government appoints RKS Bhadauria as the new Chief Of Air Staff in Indian Air-force. He will replace BS Dhanoa on 1st October 2019.
- RKS Bhadauria was acted as a chairman of the Indian negotiating committee for the purchase of the 36 Rafale jets from Dassault Aviation.
- He has been awarded by Param Vishist seva Medal (PVSM), Ati Vishist Seva Medal (AVSM) and Vayu Sena Medal (VSM).
- Rakesh Bhadauria will become 26th Chief of Air Staff in Indian Airforce
The Indian Government chooses Rakesh Bhadauria as the next Chief of Indian Air-force. Bhadauria was among the first IAF pilot to fly the Rafale jet in France.
Air Mshl RKS Bhadauria PVSM AVSM VM ADC will take over as 26th Chief of the Air Staff.
He will be taking over the command from the Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee & Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Mshl BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC, who is due to retire end of the month. pic.twitter.com/8uWevAGMpD
— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) September 19, 2019
On Thursday, the Defence Ministry said the government has decided to appoint Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria, who is presently the Vice-Chief of Air Staff as the new Chief of Air Staff in Indian Air-Force. Bhaduaria will become 26th Chief of the Air Staff.
BS Dhanoa, present Chief of Air Staff of the Indian Air-force is due to retire on 30 September 2019. He took over as the Chief of Air Staff on January 1 2017. Rakesh Bhadauria will take over him from 1st October, 2019.
Interestingly, Bhadauria is also due to retire on September 30 2019 but the government has provided him an extension. He is currently appointed as the Vice Chef of Indian Air-force from May 1 2019.
Some Important Points about Rakesh Bhadauria
- On 15 June 1980, he was inducted in the service of Indian Air-force.
- He was graduated from National Defence Academy and the winner of ‘Sword of Honour’ – An award was given to the top rankindg cadets in the academy.
- He has clocked over 4250 hours of flying experience. In his long serving career, Air Marshal Bhadauria has flown 26 types of different fighter and transport Aircraft.
- In his career, he has been awarded by Param Vishist seva Medal (PVSM) in January 2018, Ati Vishist Seva Medal (AVSM) in January 2013 and Vayu Sena Medal (VSM) in January 2002.
- RKS Bhadauria commanded a Jaguar Squadron at a front line base in South-western Sector and also the commanding officer of Flight-Test Squadron at Aircraft and System Testing Establishment.
- He was the Project Director and Chief Test Pilot of National Flight center in the indigenous made LCA Tejas project.
- He served as an Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Projects), Commandment of National Defence Academy (NDA), Senior Air Staff Officer at Central Air Command and also Deputy Chief of the Air Staff ( 1 January 2016 – 8 February 2017).
Rakesh Bhadauria played a major role to seize the deal of Rafale Aircraft from France. As a Deputy Chief of Indian Air-force he was acted as a chairman of the Indian negotiating committee for the purchase of the 36 Rafale jets from Dassault Aviation.
To mark his contribution in the deal, the first Rafale aircraft (a two seater trainer variant) will be mark designation of RB-008 on its tail.
A major reason behind this extension and Appointment as the new Chief of Air Staff in Indian Air-force is being considered as the delivery of Rafale jets from next month.
Note :- Dassault will deliver Rafale Aircraft to Indian Air-force on 20 October 2019 but these jets will come India in early 2020.