As the Khiladi of Bollywood turns 52 today, fans are flooding Akshay Kumar with effusive good wishes and love. On his 52nd birthday, Akshay Kumar gave his fans a return gift by announcing his upcoming film Prithviraj, where he will be seen playing the Rajput King of the Chauhan Dynasty ruler Prithviraj Chauhan.
Elated to share about my 1st historical film on my birthday!Humbled to have the opportunity to play a hero I look up to for his valor & values- Samrat Prithviraj Chauhan in one of my biggest films #Prithviraj.
Producer @yrf,director #DrChandraprakashDwivedi, releasing Diwali 2020 pic.twitter.com/Q2nD5KE3KR
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) September 9, 2019
In an interview, Akshay had said, “It is truly an honour that I will be playing the role of one of the most fearless and courageous king of India, Prithviraj Chauhan. As a nation, we should always celebrate our heroes and immortalize what they did to propagate the values that Indians lived by. Prithviraj is our attempt to bring to light his valour and daredevilry. Prithviraj was the only person standing in front of a merciless nemesis and the bravery he showed, made him a true Indian hero, an inspiration for generations and a legend. So this announcement coming on my birthday has indeed made it more special for me.”
Presently Akshay Kumar is at his peak of career. 6 of his upcoming films are going to release in upcoming 15 months which includes Laxmmi Bomb (Eid 2020), Prithviraj (Diwali 2020), Bachchan Panday (Christmas 2020), Sooryavanshi(2020), Housefull 4(2020) and Good News (Dates not yet confirmed). This shows the mere dominance of Akshay Kumar in Indian Box Office. Akshay Kumar’s previous movie Mission Mangal is nearing towards 200cr. Recently Akshay Kumar has been ranked among World’s Highest Paid Actor by Forbes with a net earning of $65 million in 2019
Some awesome facts about Akshay Kumar:
Akshay Kumar’s real name is Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia. While many know about his real name but not the reason behind it. The only reason Akshay changed his name was because of Kumar Gaurav. In an interview Akshay said, “No one has ever asked me this question. My first film was Aaj (1987) which was directed by Mahesh Bhatt and starred Kumar Gaurav. The name of Gaurav’s character was Akshay. I had a 4.5 second role in it and I would only observe Gaurav and his acting. I don’t know what happened but one day I just went to the court and got my name changed.”
- Akshay Kumar started Martial arts when he was in std 8th and after getting a black belt in Taekwondo, he took off to Bangkok to study Muay Thai, a Thai combat sport.
After returning to India during his struggling days, Akshay used to give Martial arts training to the kids.
- Akshay Kumar got his first break because he missed a flight. It was during his modelling days, he was contracted for an Ad shoot but fortunately or unfortunately he missed his flight, which took him to a film set where he was signed as a lead in his debut movie Saugandh(1991).
- Akshay Kumar almost broke his neck and back when he had to pick up the WWE superstar The Undertaker doppelganger who weighed around 450 pounds, in the film Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi. He is also famous for doing his stunts by his own.
- In 2008, the University of Windsor awarded him with the doctorate for his Contribution towards Indian Cinema. Back in 2009 he was honored with Padma Shri by the Govt. of India, the 4th highest civilian award of India. In 2011 Asian award honored Kumar for his Outstanding Achievement In Cinema.
- Akshay received his first National film award for Best Actor for both Rustom (2016) & Airlift (2016).