Instagram dark mode is here and is now available on both Android & iOS in their latest updates. Instagram is the latest app to introduce dark mode on its platform.
The dark mode changes the user interface of your Instagram app by changing the usual white background to a darker shade which not only looks good but also saves your smartphone’s battery life.
But dark mode on Instagram will work only on iOS 13 and Android 10 compatible devices.
So now let’s start talk about, how to enable it in your devices.
HOW TO ENABLE IT IN IOS
Source: penggunagadget in Instagram
- First update your Instagram application to it’s latest version from the App store.
- Then, turn on the dark mode on your smartphone by changing the theme from light to dark.
- Once this is done, the dark mode will automatically turns on.
- And yes the Dark mode will turn off whenever you switch back to light theme on your iPhone.
iOS13 is now available from iPhone SE to the latest iPhone 11 series.
HOW TO ENABLE IT IN ANDROID
- First you need to make sure your phone is running on Android 10.
- If it’s running on Android 10, then go to the Settings➡️ Display ➡️Dark mode
- After enabling the dark mode, you need to go to the Google Play Store➡️ Search Instagram ➡️ Check for Updates.
- If there are no updates, then you are good to go. Open your Instagram and enjoy the dark theme.
But after doing all this, if your Instagram still is in Light mode then do this.
- Again open the Google play store ➡️ Search Instagram ➡️ Join the BETA program of the Application.
- After joining the Beta version of the app you will have the dark mode.
Android 10 is available on
Pixel 3a / Pixel 3a XL
Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL
Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
Pixel / Pixel XL
Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e
Galaxy Note 10
Galaxy S9 and S9+
Galaxy Note 9
Moto G7, G7 Power, G7 Play and G7 Plus
Moto Z3 and Z3 Play
Motorola One Power
Motorola One Action
Motorola One Vision
Nokia 9 Pureview
OnePlus 7 Pro
And many more including phones from ASUS, LG, RAZER, ZTE, HTC, SONY, BLACKBERRY and HUAWEI.