Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh in his statement at Rajya Sabha regarding present situation in Eastern Ladakh confirms that India and China have led to an agreement on disengagement at the north and south banks of PangongTso Lake.
Rajnath Singh said, “Our sustained talks with China have led to agreement on disengagement on the north and south banks of Pangong Lake. After this agreement, India-China will remove forward deployments in a phased, coordinated manner.”
मुझे सदन को यह बताते हुए खुशी हो रही है कि हमारे इस approach तथा sustained talks के फलस्वरूप चीन के साथ Pangong Lake के North एवं South Bank पर disengagement का समझौता हो गया है: रक्षा मंत्री
— रक्षा मंत्री कार्यालय/ RMO India (@DefenceMinIndia) February 11, 2021
As per agreement, China have to pulled back its troops up to east of Finger 8 at North Bank Pangong lake whereas the troops of Indian Army to pulled back to Dhan Singh Thapa post at Finger 3. Patrolling will be temporarily suspended between 4 & Finger 8 by both sides.
Both sides will remove the forward deployment in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.
Raksha Mantri confirms that, India have not lost anything (land) in this agreement.
He said, “I want to assure this House that we have not lost anything in this conversation,” he added “I would also like to inform the House that there are still some outstanding issues regarding deployment and patrolling on LAC.”
“Since last year, we have maintained relationship with China on military & diplomatic levels” Raksha Mantri said.
Rajnath Singh informs that the solution is based upon three principles. First, both parties must agree on LAC & respect it. Secondly, there shouldn’t be an attempt to change the status qoo unilaterally, by any party. Thirdly, all the compromises should be completely agreed upon by both parties.
Reports of disengagement surfaced yesterday after Chinese Ministry of Defense announced that Chinese and Indian troops mutually began phased wise disengagement on both sides of Pangong Lake.
Indian Army will carry out aerial monitoring using UAVs and the ground verification of every step would also be done to verify the status Chinese positions.
The disengagement is set to happen In phased. In Phase 1 tanks, howitzers & IFVs will be pulled back by both sides. Whereas in phase 2; infantry units will be pulled back by both sides.
Both the country had been locked in military standoff since May 2020 in Eastern Ladakh. Although, in the same period both sides continued military talks at Commander level to resolve the conflict.