Instagram is a social media app where you can post photos & videos of any of your work or life. In other words, IG is a displaying platforms. About 95 million photos are uploaded on Instagram everyday. If you use it on a daily basis and upload regularly then you might have come across the “Image compression” thing.
READ MORE:INSTAGRAM DARK MODE IS HERE
Whenever you uploads a high quality photo on IG, the application’s system automatically adjusts the resolution of the photo and compresses it down according to their requirements. Most of the time this compression thing affects the Artists, as it snatches away all the details from their work or art. So here are the tricks to upload high quality photos on Instagram.
• Use Lightroom for Exporting your Photos
– This application knows the exact requirements of IG and there is a mobile version so you don’t have to rely on computers or laptops.
• Always try to upload your photo in 4:5 ratio crop.
– This is best way to display your work. It takes the whole screen space of your viewers device, which eventually leads them to give more engagement into your photos. If this crop thing is taking away important information from your photos then don’t use it. Leave it that way.
• Choose the Export resolution carefully
– After editing, when you are heading towards exporting just make sure you have chosen the right settings.
Here’s the way to do it.
▶️Tap Export from the above options.
▶️Keep your image quality 100%.
▶️Leave the image format as JPEG.
▶️Choose Custom as your resolution.
– If your photo is a landscape photo where the width is more than the height, then you must select 1080 as your resolution.
– But if your photo is a portrait photo where the width is lesser and the height is longer there you will select 1350 as your resolution.
▶️ Select sRGB as your colour space.
NOTE: Every setting I discussed here is for Adobe Lightroom Mobile.
So there you go. This is the right settings to upload high quality photos on Instagram in 2020. Now what are you waiting for, go ahead and crash the internet with your mind blowing photos.