Since the day Coronavirus started spreading in multiple countries Face Mask and Hand sanitizer became the essential things in daily lives. The sudden rise in demand of Mask increased the price. But today we are going to analyze whether you really need a mask to be save from Novel Coronavirus.
Before heading forward we need to understand how Coronavirus spreads? The new Coronavirus spreads when water droplets from infected person (while Coughing & Sneezing) enters yours Mouth, Nose or Eyes.
These droplets from sick person can also get on to other things; for eg- Gadgets, Door Locks or in the seats of public transports.
If you by accident touch any of these areas and then touch your face, mouth, nose or rub your eyes you might get infect too. Then by all means avoid touching your face especially when you are not in home.
Now if you are a healthy person, and you wear mask to prevent from Coronavirus then there will be chances that mask feel un-comfortable to you. So you may find yourself frequently adjusting it and touching your face. These action by you breaks the very basic rule of prevention; avoid touching your face.
Even if you are cautious enough and you didn’t touch your face when adjusting it or while you taking it off for eating then also you are contaminating the mask with your hand.
- Spain Declares Lockdown Amidst Coronavirus Threat
- SAARC Nations accepts PM Narendra Modi proposal for conference call on Coronavirus
Still there is no scientific proof that claims face mask can stop Coronavirus from spreading.
When to Use a Mask
According to WHO (World’s Health Organization);
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing, so you might not spread it to other person.
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
You can see what is WHO’s stand on face mask. WHO focused more on frequent hand cleaning.
How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a mask
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Finally, we can say that if you are healthy person you didn’t require to wear face mask to defend Coronavirus.