As Coronavirus cases in India reaches 519, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declares complete lockdown in entire nation for upcoming 21 Days.
Toady at 8:00 PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation and in this speech PM Modi again stressed that ‘social distancing’ was the only way to cut off the spread of the highly contagious Coronavirus.
Here’s is the 5 Highlights from PM narendra Modi Speech-
1. The most important point from PM Narendra Modi speech is he declares lockdown in entire country for upcoming 21 Days. PM said this lockdown is just like curfew but even more strict than “Janta Curfew”.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the central Government has made an allocation of Rupees 15,000 Crore for strengthening the Nation Health Infrastructures for treatment of Coronavirus patients and for to purchase medical equipments such as ventilator, protection equipment’s, ICU beds, etc.
3. Further Narendra Modi said “Economy will pay for this 21 Days lockdown but saving life of each and every person in the country is the first priority of Central and State Government. If we are not able to manage next 21 days, then many families will be destroyed for ever. But if we are not able to stop Coronavirus spread than it will push our country 21 years back”.
4. Again PM stressed that ‘social distancing’ was the only way to cut off the spread of the highly contagious Coronavirus. He said “Not only a infected person will practice social distancing but a healthy person and even Prime Minister will have to practice social distancing for upcoming 21 Days at any cost.
5. Further PM share some stats by WHO which shows us how contagious this disease. It took 67 days for the number of Coronavirus affected person to reach 1 lakh in the world. After that additional 1 lakh got infected in the matter of 11 days. What is frightening us is that it just took 4 more days to reach 3 lakh figure in the world.
He again urges the people to be cautious from fake rumours. PM said “ You (citizens of India) should also be cautious. As knowingly or unknowingly many times rumours are also spread much faster than anything. I appeal to you not believe in such rumour and superstition.
He said “The developed countries in the world is unaided with regard to containment of coronavirus. Even they are trying their best to control the disease.”
Moreover he said “I appeal to you that while staying at home, remember and pray for those people who are putting theirs liver at risk in the line of duty. Remember the Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Pathologists who are working day and night in Hospitals.”
“You must also think about the Media persons who are working 24 hours to give you correct information. You must also think about the Police personnel who without worrying about their families are working day and night to save you”
Lastly PM suggest people to do not take any medicine during the treatment of Coronavirus without Doctors prescription. He said “21 Days lockdown is a longtime but it is the best thing to do in this crisis “.